Mountain biking is always fun and a part of sports parlance. Particularly in recent years, it has become mainstream to adventure seekers and sports lovers. As pedaling and climbing makes a rider creasy to perform the most extended travel, this race has become very popular all over the USA.
But buying a suitable mountain bike could be overwhelming. Significantly, when your pocket alerts you about the cost. However, this does not mean you cannot get a well-equipped, elements of comfort, aesthetic style mountain bike within a reasonable budget. Hereafter, we are breaking down with the top 10 best mountain bike under $300.
Though our top 10 selection based on beginner level we assure it will be helpful to become a pro biker in future, secondly we have explained a simple but straightforward way of some fundamental understanding while buying bikes. These factors are crucial to know if you to empower yourself to conquer peaks, ridges, trails with full confidence.
You May Like to Read:)
Top 10 Best Mountain Bike Under $300 reviews
This trail-capable bike provides a smooth and contemporary ride featuring such as an Element front fork, SRAM twist shifters, Shimano gearing, quick wheel release, and front & rear disc brakes. If you are a workout junky and wanted to consider riding as a hobby, this will be the perfect choice for you. As you can combine hobby and stay in shape both by investing once.
Though you may have an issue regarding design or pattern, we assure you will not get this types of top elements and manifold characteristics shattering, binding, full suspension, 21 level of speed within a reasonable price.
- It correctly built for 5.3″ tall riders with durable aluminum suspension frame and 29″ tires
- For productive work, it has both front and rear disc brakes. It helps for swift stop and start.
- For reducing bumping hassle and smooth control it has an element suspension fork
- Additionally, for wheels, it follows quick release mechanism and ensures extra safety.
- For a change the gear frequently it has SRAM twist shifters.
- Furthermore, this bike has Shimano TX-35 rear derailleur with 21 speed.
Our second topmost pick-up is MeraxFiniss 26″ Aluminum 21 Speed Mountain Bike from Merax. This brand is already famous for providing the best affordable mountain bikes for years after years, but MeraxFiniss is surprising for its heat-treated aluminum frame.
It would be the best bike for the beginner as it will not damage easily. On the other side, to make the training enjoyable, it has double rims, dual mechanical disc, Shimano shifters, fully padded seat, reliable suspension fork, and lastly 85% complete assemble.
For doing the rest assembling work (fixing pedal, wheel, and handlebar), extra tools also included. So, fix, and you are ready to start!
- Let’s start with its building quality. It made of a 6061 heated aluminum alloy lightweight frame.
- The size of the frame is 19″.
- It can carry a maximum of 330 lbs.
- To confirm flat riding over the hardened area, it has double wall 26″ aluminum rims and an 80mm travel-friendly full suspension fork.
- As the brake system plays a vital role in beginner learning, it has a dual mechanical disc braking system on both in front and rear end.
- Finally, regarding speed, it has 21-speed Shimano derailleurs (ASLRS35LNBC, ASLRS35R7ET) and twisted shifters for reliable shifting.
Brought to you Vilano Blackjack 3.0 29er is the best affordable mountain bike that may rank top. Perhaps, you might feel more costly if you are exactly searching for the Best Mountain bike under $300, but there is some rationale behind this cost.
We can say, it is a hand-built off-road monster and capable of performing any serious mountain tracking including pavement or dirt road or path as because it has a lightweight 6061 aluminum crafted frame, lockout suspension fork, double rims and front, and rear disc brakes.
Moreover, it also offers fast, accurate brake shifting by using Shimano EF-51 integrated shifters.
However, it belongs to 8 speed which you can think it’s a drawback but it will truly help you if you are a beginner or intermediate level rider.
- The most attractive point of this bike is its design. You will experience a sleek, classy black triangulated frame and stylish Vilano decals only in Blackjack 3.0 29er model
- As it made of handcrafted aluminum frame, you will never gel navigation problem anywhere. It is “Ready-to-Go” even rough and steep terrains.
- If you do not like any shock or disturbance, this best cheap road bike has been made for you because it has an 80 mm suspension fork which absorbs any bumps or rocks without discomfort.
- Consequently, its double alloy rims,29-inch gigantic wheels, FE-51 easy fire shifter provides accurate and easy biking.
If you want to make a thrilling biking memory in your holidays then by today you go ahead with Raleigh Talus 1 Recreational Mountain Bike which has meant for adventure trailers.
Although Raleigh produces a wide assortment of bicycles from child to adults Raleigh Talus 1 comes in 5 different sizes from 5″ tall to 6.5″ tall. Not only that, you can confidently rely on this bike for performing well because it consists of Shimano twister shifters, a 21-speed drivetrain, a strong steel frame, comfortable seat, wide 27.5″ wheels with 2″ tires. So, if it is down paved narrow paths or the sidewalk ends or a big street, it will come across all the obstacles swiftly and gives you a comfy feeling.
The only down parts you will see there is no suspension, but you will get addicted to other features for sure.
- It made of a durable steel frame and an upright seat for a better vantage. It will also help you to ride comfortably by keep the neck and lower back in position.
- For riding over bump and potholes area fastly, it has 27.5″ wheels and 2″ super tight tires.
- The plush saddle and soft grips ensure to cross any path.
- As it has a 21-speed drivetrain with reliable linear-pull brakes, you can fast and slow down effortlessly.
Another best and straightforward mountain bike between 300-400$ is Schwinn High Timber Mountain Bikes. Schwinn one of the prominent bike manufacturers in the US recently come up with a high timber model which has all the features it desires.
Its Suntour suspension fork, SRAM grip shifters instead of the traditional trigger system, 21-speed gear and altogether 26″ wheel makes it more excepted to the bikers. Thanks to frequent gear changing rear derailleur and soft handlebars from Shimano which helps you to control the speed at any terrain.
Apart from this, you will also love its double-sided saddle which has high-quality padding and can make your seat for an extended period. However, taller riders may struggle with the frame but for the riders under 5″- 5.5″ this will be absolutely fine.
- First, we like to mansion the unique wheel size 29″ of this bike. It makes the enhanced motion and superb traction all the way.
- Nest its 18″ thicker much stronger aluminum mountain frame for easy control.
- To reduce fatigue and injury, it has a front suspension fork.
- The tires of this bike come with a wider knobby and deliver secured stability.
- Almost every bike has a 21-speed rear derailleur, but it also has a crankset along with speed.
- Finally, for less maintenance, it has alloy crack and a washable bike seat.
Our next choice is Diamondback Bicycles 2016 Laurito Hardtail Mountain Bike which is already famous for its high mount riding capacity. This model is unisex and comes in 2 different sizes.
For the massive wheel size and solid construction, anyone can roam around the town and hill with family. Not only that, but it also has twisted shifters, saddle, seat, brake, and so on. Overall, it is just for an amateur rider who can roll confidently on any road and surface.
- The main features are its 27.5″ giant wheel. It enables to ride more speedy with maximum protection
- This bicycle comes in handy with a total of 40 pounds of shipping weight. So, you can carry it anywhere.
- Regarding its construction, it consists of a heavy-duty heat-treated 6061-T6 aluminum frame which is lighter and durable.
- The hanger of the frame is replaceable. So you can clean and fix it again.
- Not every bike mounts the fenders, but Laurito Hardtail Mountain Bike does as because it has an adjustable seat and broader saddle. Both hold the rider in place while mounting the rock.
- For response quickly it has linear-pull brakes with the mechanical disc.
- Finally, for making the bike more speed, it has 3 chainrings and can make up to 21-speed. On the other hand to control the speed it has Shimano 7 speed rear derailleurs
Do you prefer a hardtail mountain bike? Particularly if you want to drive your bike naturally without a workout. Hereafter out of hundred hardtail bike we have chosen Kawasaki K26 Hardtail Mountain Bike.
There are a couple of reasons that Kawasaki proves. Additionally, its integrated features, price range, and performance attracts every teenager to adults. It promises to cover the maximum distance with minimum effort.
You will get all the benefits (steel frame, wide tires, alloy rims, 18 speed, twisted shifters, V-brake, removable seat) like suspension bike and extra hardtail feature can make you capable of driving any surfaces within the shortest time. We hope, you will able to trained up firstly if you have Kawasaki K26 hardtail bike.
- It consists of a resilient steel frame to tackle all types of roads and competition.
- Its resilient style front side fork assists you to come over any pavements or difficult paths easily.
- Now come to its speed. It has got 18-speed drivetrain with easy pedaling ever. Its seat can also be comfy you when you need to change the speed.
- Apart from the speed, it has Shimano index-type twisted shifters and extraordinary linear pull brakes.
- Lastly, you will also feel excited with its Shimano gears and 26″ wide tires over the wheel.
Mongoose Status 2.2 Mountain Bike is built for agility and countless response in every ride. The rigid aluminum MTB frame is used for giving maximum support and keeps the vibration minimum on the rough and tough trail. Moreover, its hydro-formed tube, front suspension fork, Shimano twisted shifters work nicely on bumpy space by full controlling.
You might also notice a unique drivetrain technique that provides optimal brake and gearing in any situation as it consists of a 3-piece crankset and multiple gears. Regarding wheels and rims, it has got light, durable double alloy rims with 26″ wheels.
Do you know it’s an excellent choice as this type of motor can maintain the total weight of the bike while driving or change the direction more rapidly? Although it does not offer a hardtail its construction and wheel hub design ensures maximum protection and nimble handling.
- It supports any downhill and flat surface riding because it consists of a 21-speed Shimano derailleur and SRAM shifters.
- As the model named 26″ wheel status 2.2, it has alloy rims, V brakes, and a three-piece crank for natural stopping and starting.
- The frame is also made sturdy with aluminum and geometric shape.
- For effortless driving in the tight area, it has a full suspension fork, riser handlebar.
- What else! You can do anything with Mongoose.
If you are a beginner under 18 and taking a coaching class, then your coach might have suggested you look for Northwoods Aluminum Full Suspension Mountain Bike.
As it is a full suspension (can make the speed down) best mountain bike under $300 you will be able to become an expert soon by using this bike for practicing and riding. Furthermore, you will also see unbelievable features such as alloy seat clamp, 24″ alloy rims, swift gear changing along with 21 speed twisted shifters.
Out of this, you will also identify its 50mm steel-based crown and crank, Shimano derailleur, kickstand, metal alloy rim, and unexpected 18-speed gear option. Do you know this is helpful to bike any terrain like snow, gravel, sand, or even in bumpy areas?
- The super-cool aluminum frame offers you the sturdiness and a lightweight feeling.
- It is dampening vibration resistant as it has comfortable wheels with a 24″ alloy rim
- You will not face any problem in assembling, maintaining, caring, and storing.
- It provides a good impact on movement and any performance. Because it has a triple steel crankset for stability and longevity.
- Like other best affordable mountain bikes it has a rear derailleur, 21 speed Shimano twisted shifters for efficient braking and easy handling.
Our last product comes with exceptional and exclusive features. It is Kent KZ2600 Dual-Suspension Mountain Bike and the trendy best mountain bike under $200. Notably, it has a 65, a dual suspension fork for both in front and rear side — most of you unknown about this exceptional feature you can get only in Best Mountain bike under $500.
As suspension fork provides extra safeties to the rider, you can easily get these extra benefits in this bicycle. Likewise, it also has a disc braking system with linear-pull brakes, Shimano twisted shifters, and tourney derailleurs.
Apart from this, it has a soft padded seat, 36-spoke alloy rims, Vitesse wheelset, and an adjustable saddle. So, if you are ready to get a bike experience that you have never thought of yet, add Kent KZ2600 to your buying list and have unlimited fun with it.
- Protection is the primary key point of Kent KZ2600 Dual-Suspension bike and comes with a 65mm suspension fork for cross-over bumpy areas securely.
- For ensuring better control and travel-friendly, it is made of an aluminum frame with 26″ width. Therefore, no chance to break easily.
- Its braking system is also made outstanding. For the front wheel, it has got a disc braking system for maximum weather protection. The other rear wheels it has a linear-pull braking system for making the bike so speedy.
- This bike is also extraordinary for shifters and striking derailleurs. Most of the bike has ordinary derailleurs whereas Kent KZ2600 has 21 speed Shimano shifters and tourney rear derailleurs.
Mountain Bikes - Finding the Right Size
|Your Height||Your Inseam Length||Bike Frame Size||Descriptive Frame Size|
|4’11” – 5’3″||25” – 27”||13 – 15 inches||Small|
|5’3″ – 5’7″||27″ – 29″||15 to 17 inches||Small-Medium|
|5’7″ – 5’11”||29″ – 31″||17 to 19 inches||Medium|
|5’11” – 6’2″||31″ – 33″||19 to 21 inches||Large|
|6’2″ – 6’4″||33″ – 35″||21 to 23 inches||XL – Extra Large|
|6’4″ and up||35″ and up||23 inches and up||XL – Extra Large|
Which mountain bike brand is best?
It is difficult to say which mountain bike brand is the best. But in our review, we have discussed the top branded products. Thus, if you analyze the marketplace, you will get to know this very clearly. However, Mongoose, Schwinn, Vilano, Diamondback, Northwoods, Merax has a comprehensive collection of bikes with different price ranges and qualities. It will be your choice to pick the right one.
Although we haven’t talked over about Nashbar and Mantis brands, these brands are also popular and standard for maintaining quality.
Can I ride a mountain bike on the road?
We all know there are three different types of bikes are available.
- Road bikes.
- Mountain bikes
- Comfort or hybrid bikes.
And most of our first choice would be the mountain bikes as it is made sturdy and great for adventure. But the question arises of using it in the road or flat surfaces. Although it is natural as per the name we propose yes you can completely ride a mountain bike on the road without any hesitation. Now, let’s see the reason behind that:
- For having geometric upright riding position, fenders, and wide tires the mountain bike is pretty worthy for long-distance touring.
- As a mountain bike made of a strong aluminum frame, it can hold up against the severities and rigors of off-road riding.
- Then you may think about knobby style tires, disc brakes, and suspension forks. But indeed this part will not create any problem.
How to buy your first mountain bike?
Buying the first mountain bike without prior knowledge is quite a tuff job. Therefore, please follow the below steps especially if you are a beginner and going to get a new bike recently.
- Fix your budget with a warranty
- Color, brand, and types (optional).
- Bike user-level- Beginner, Intermediate or Expert.
- Indoor/ Outdoor/ Recreation/ Fitness/Daily use.
In the shop:
- Check out with all the components (wheels, brake, suspension system, speed, fork, and so on)
- Check out the parts materials.
- Solid construction.
- Assembled or not.
- The most bike comes with 80%-85% assembled. So, complete assembly work.
- Tighten any screw or nuts if you find anything loose.
- Finally, you can start riding on the day itself.
How much does a mountain bike weigh?
Does mountain bike weight matter if we want to become a professional rider or want to enjoy traveling by bike?
Our answer is, yes, of course, it matters a lot as you need to carry the bike in between the road. But, you will be surprised to know that mountain bikes usually come in heavier compared to other road bike as they have a suspension fork and additional gears.
As a mountain bike is best for any rough or rugged terrain, it would be convenient if the weight is around 21-29 pounds maximum or 9-10 kilograms. Lesser than this would be fine, but we do not recommend getting the Havier than this.
What is size mountain bike right for me?
Bike size matters a lot for the rider while getting a brand new mountain bike. Because the rider’s comfort are correlated with the bike size. If you get the too big size, it will make painful back pain and makes you uncomfortable.
On the other side, if the bike becomes too small for the rider, it may frustrate him while driving. So, here is the chart of which size mountain bike would be perfect for you?
From the above questionaries’ and reviews you can make a solid decision of whether to purchase the best mountain bike under $300 or not. We highly expect you will value our opinion and find your comfortable budget-oriented and more importantly a secured style best bike under $300.
Additionally, if you are confused about the overall quality, brand, size, or design of a mountain bike, our buying guide will let you know the general information about mountain bikes according to your taste, preference, and needs.
Thank you so much for being with us.
- Exercise Bike Display Not Working – How to Fix It?
- Knocking Noise When Pedaling Exercise Bike – Easy Solution
- How to Use Camera on Peloton Bike- Easy Guide
- How To Move A Peloton Bike – Step by Step Guide
- Lanos folding exercise bike review
- 2 Best Screen Cover for Peloton Bike and Bike Plus
- 8 Coolest Features of Peloton Bike Plus
- How to calibrate Peloton bike?
- Top 10 Best Spin Bike Under $500 Reviews – Best of 2021
- Top 10 Best Vibration Machine for Weight Loss Reviews – Best of 2021